This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roebuck Bay, Broome, Western Australia 6725 Australia
Welcome aboard Ballena. Broomes only dedicated eco-tourism vessel. Join our friendly and experienced team for a morning or afternoon of discovery as we search for Australia's largest population of Snubfin Dolphins. Cruise the pristine waters of Roebuck Bay and look for its multitude of marine life.
Duration: 3 hours
Captain did his best but Dolphins did want not want to get up close and personal. Even so we had an enjoyable morning with great staff and snacks.
I did this tour yesterday and it was really an amazing experience ! We have been able to see many snubfins and turtles and the crew gave us lots of explanation about roebuck bay and the wildlife around. They were also very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I certainly recommend this tour and will do it again !
Transfers and snacks on boat included, you could even go for a swim in the net !
We had a fantastic experience yesterday. The Crew were very friendly, professional & knowledgeable.
We would certainly recommend this cruise....5 stars.
I went on the Snubfin Dolphin tour with my family today and we thoroughly enjoyed it from pick up to drop off.
All the staff are so lovely and we really liked the fact we didn’t bother the wildlife if they wanted to be left be.
A standout tour for us for sure and we would love to do it again!
Thanks so much for a great day our team we really appreciate it :)
This was a fantastic tour to see a glimpse into the wildlife of Roebuck bay. It is a super easy tour to do, all transfers included and it was very chilled on board. The captain cam is very knowledgeable and the crew even though very fresh were super friendly and meg and Maddy were always checking to see if we needed anything which was very refreshing. Although we only saw a glimpse of the snubbies the amazing wildlife we did see was incredible. Baby zebra shark, dugongs, Eagle rays and two sharks 😊
What a way to see the bay we saw soo much wildlife it was incredible including the super rare snub fin dolphins the staff were awesome maddy and Meg the deck hands were heaps of fun and the captain cam was a wealth of knowledge and a classy operator made shore everyone had a fantastic time his misso also supplied an epic feed I recommend everyone to do this while in broome it is also very fairly priced well worth the money
Such a good trip! We had an awesome time. Spotted snubfin and humpback dolphins, turtles, sea snakes and manta rays. Cam, Meg and Maddie were awesome crew and looked after us the entire time. Everything about it was excellent - definitely recommend!
My family and I (husband and two kids, 5 and 8) had booked the snubfin dolphin tour for the day before but it was cancelled due to bad weather so we postponed by a day.
You get taken taken to the boat by a cool smaller dingy that picks you up from the shore. Even though it was choppy it was easy to transfer from one boat to another.
The captain said stubbies are usually spotted within the first 15 minutes or so. An hour and a half later I was getting really worried we wouldn't find any. The captain put the rope netting off the back of the boat so who ever wanted to could get pulled along for a ride. It was great fun and my 5 year old loved it, even though the current created from the boat was quite strong. We got called out of the water as "dolphins have been spotted". We were so lucky to have a group of 5 snubfin dolphins hang around out boat, playing with each other, even a turtle joined in along with a zebra shark and a terrified fish (I'd never seen a fish leap so far). Great experience
The two deckhands were so lovely and took the time to have a chat to everyone. The food was delicious.
It was a fabulous morning out.
Great half day out on the water. Everything was 5 star, from pick up at Motel to drop off. Well organised
Staff and food were excellent!
Maddie and Meg were so friendly and attentive. Val, food was yummy and fresh.
Cameron, thank you for the extra time so we could enjoy the dolphins
Highly recommend this tour.
This was amazing from the get go. The tender to the boat and the experience and welcoming atmosphere of the staff. They were attentive and caring.
We saw many species of ocean life - rays, sharks, dophins, dugongs, sea snakes and they took time and there was no hury. They were knowledgeable and shared this with us. They clearly love what they do.
Morning tea was delcious and fresh and so much more than we expected.
It was great to sit in the net at the back of the boat.
Thank you for an awesome day out.
Restroom on board
All Fees and Taxes
Snubfin Dolphin Cruise
Swimming in the boom net - subject to conditions and wildlife sightings
Entry/Admission - Roebuck Bay
Alcoholic Beverages - You are welcome to bring your own drinks. Red wine & bottles of spirits are not permitted. Please bring drinks in a cooler bag, not an esky. We will chill and serve your drinks throughout the cruise.
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- As we are working in unusual circumstances, there are some measures that have been put in place for the business to operate safely. Guests are encouraged to download the COVID Safe App and ensure it is open before boarding the bus or vessel.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Please download the Safe WA App to check-in. Temperature testing will be conducted at the time of transfer before boarding the bus. We kindly ask you to remain on land should you present with a temperature of 38 degrees. Please contact us before transfer if you are unwell and need to reschedule.