This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: King Leopold Ranges Conservation Park, via Gibb River Road, 200 km east of Derby, Western Australia 6728 Australia
Departing Broome, you head over the township of Broome passing over Chinatown, Roebuck Bay and surrounds. The flight path takes you over Malcolm Douglas Crocodile farm and the Broome Road, flying over the inspiring remote Kimberley plains before landing at Mount Hart station enjoy a deliciously prepared morning tea while taking in the scenery of the historic outback station. Departing Mt Hart station you will see some of the most remote Kimberley wilderness such as the King Leopold Ranges. The King Leopold Ranges extend for three hundred kilometres from Walcott Inlet, in the West to roughly one hundred kilometres from Halls Creek in the East. The ranges consist of long, rugged, spinifex-covered ridges and escarpments. Mount Ord at nine hundred and forty seven metres above sea level and Mount Broome at nine hundred and thirty five metres are the highest peaks in the range.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mitchell Plateau, Mitchell Plateau, Kimberley Region, Western Australia
Next to come into view are the Mitchell Falls, a spectacular series of four waterfalls which run at varied intensity all year round. Here is a fantastic photo opportunity to wonder at these amazing falls. Your journey continues to the Prince Regent River and the King Cascade Falls, an impressive sight from the air. You'll find King Cascade Falls on the Cascade Creek; they are at an elevation of approximately fifty one metres above sea level. It is estimated that King Cascade Falls is between twenty five and twenty eight metres high. During the next few hours the aircraft passes over Montgomery Islands, one of the wonders of the Kimberley coast, Montgomery Reef is a spectacle to behold as the entire reef appears to rise from the ocean on a falling tide. With tidal differences of over ten metres over a single spring tide cycle, nearly five metres of reef gradually emerges from the ocean, as water cascades down numerous channels. Montgomery Reef and The Montgomery Islands lie twenty km’s off the central Kimberley coast
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Horizontal Falls, King Sound Via Derby Talbot Bay, Buccaneer Archipelago, Talbot Bay, Western Australia 6728 Australia
The Horizontal Waterfalls soon come into sight as the aircraft is positioned, to get the perfect view from the window. This magnificent example of Mother Nature’s power is closely aligned between the gorges of the McLarty Range, located in Talbot Bay. The Horizontal Falls are a fast-moving tidal flow through two narrow fingers, the direction of the flow reverses with each change of tide. As tides in the Kimberley can reach ten metres, a peak tide gives rise to a significant difference in the sea level on either side of each gorge, which creates the rushing water of the Horizontal Falls.Flying over Talbot Bay, the home of the famous Paspaley Pearling Empire, you can see hundreds of long lines each housing the valuable creatures that cultivate the pearl. Your Pilot weaves the aircraft through the islands of Cockatoo and Koolan (mining empires) and heads to Cape Leveque where the red rock cliffs meet the white sandy beaches to the pristine blue waters.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Cygnet Bay, Australia
Visit the family owned Pearl Farm at the tip of the beautiful Dampier Peninsula, one of the last pristine and remote marine wilderness frontiers in the world. You will be showcased the epic story of the Australian Pearl from its Indigenous beginnings through to the four generations of the Brown family who have been pearling and living here since 1946.
All guests will experience a Pearl Farm Tour and delicious gourmet lunch.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cable Beach, Broome, Western Australia 6725 Australia
Homeward bound as we track down the Dampier Peninsula you can see the communities of Lombadina, in the distance Beagle Bay, James Price Point, Carnot Bay, Willie Creek and of course Cable Beach prior to sunset.
Duration: 2 minutes
We booked a private tour for the 5 of us. The bus picked us up from our accommodation at 630am. We received a snack box & a briefing from our pilot Edward before taking off to see Mitchell Falls, Horizontal Falls & a stop at the Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm for a land based tour & lovely lunch.
Edward was the best! So professional, friendly, great sense of humour & most importantly, a very skilled pilot for the Cessna.
It was cramped on the plane of course but the seats were comfortable.
I’d recommend Broome Aviation.
We were picked up promptly at our hotel by our driver and whisked away to the Broome Airport where we boarded our light aircraft for our flight. Our pilot was Ethan, who was extremely professional and ensured we were well accomodated throghout our journey in the many roles he fulfilled (pilot, tour guide and off road driver extraordinaire). We were priveliged to see some of the most breath taking sights available in all of Australia, followed by a delicious lunch at Cape Leveque. We then had a swim and took in more sights before returning to Broome in the afternoon. Absolutley worth the trip....Amazing experience, will not disappoint.
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Landing and facility fees
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Entry/Admission - King Leopold Ranges Conservation Park
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat (under 3 yrs)
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. Please dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- All bookings require a minimum of 4 passengers to be confirmed. Passengers not meeting the minimum will be waitlisted until numbers are met
- A fee of 20% of the tour cost applies when cancelling 8-14days prior to tour departure date and a fee of 50% of the tour cost applies to any cancellation 1-7 days prior to departure date. No refund will apply to passengers cancelling later than 4pm the day prior to the tour departure. Cancellation of seats and refund on compassionate grounds will be at the discretion of Broome Aviation. Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Credit cards may attract a surcharge of between 1-5%. Passengers deemed intoxicated will be refused entry onto the aircraft and no refund provided.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers