This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fairfield-Leopold Downs Rd, Windjana Gorge National Park, Western Australia 6728 Australia
Departing Broome, you head over the township of Broome passing Chinatown, Roebuck Bay and surrounds. Your flight path takes you over Malcolm Douglas Crocodile farm and the Broome Road before you head towards the open landscape of the Kimberley.
As you fly past the millions of hectares of station land, rich in Aboriginal Heritage, your pilot will entertain you with stories and the history of the area, before entering the area known as the King Leopold Ranges on your descent into Windjana Gorge. The King Leopold Ranges extend for three hundred kilometres from Walcott Inlet in the West to approximately one hundred kilometres from Halls Creek in the East. The ranges consist of long, rugged, spinifex-covered ridges and escarpments. Mount Ord at nine hundred and forty seven metres above sea level and Mount Broome at nine hundred and thirty five metres are the highest peaks in the range.
After landing at Windjana Gorge Airstrip you will take a short drive through the amazing Windjana Gorge where you will see a myriad of natural wildlife and view the amazing and ever present stares of Windjana’s most revered occupant, the Johnson River Crocodile. The walls of Windjana Gorge rise abruptly from the wide alluvial floodplain of the Lennard River, reaching approximately one hundred metres high in some places. The three and a half kilometre long gorge cuts through the limestone of the Napier Range, part of an ancient barrier reef which can also be seen at Geikie Gorge and Tunnel Creek National Parks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bell Gorge, Gibb River Road Kimberley Region, Western Australia Australia
After an hour spent at Windjana you take to the skies again for a short flight over the King Leopold Range to the remote Silent Grove airstrip for another quick drive through the Kimberley outback, dotted with many native boab trees to Bell Gorge. Once at Bell Gorge there will be a short, steep one kilometre walk to the top of the waterfall. This walk is not for the faint hearted but is well worth it once you meet the refreshing pool that feeds the waterfall. Once at the top of the waterfall there is a chance for swimming, relaxing and amazing photo opportunities. For the daring, there is another one kilometre harsh walk to the base of the waterfall where an amazing fresh water pool is awaiting your arrival.
Once you are feeling relaxed and refreshed from your swim at Bell Gorge, you then take off for a another flight over the King Leopold Ranges into Mt Hart Station.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: King Leopold Ranges Conservation Park, via Gibb River Road, 200 km east of Derby, Western Australia 6728 Australia
Arriving at Mt Hart Station for a gourmet lunch at the Homestead and a tour of the grounds. The History of this amazing homestead is not to be missed.
Refreshed and re-energized you then depart Mt Hart and the inland Kimberley landscape and head to the coastal areas.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Horizontal Falls, King Sound Via Derby Talbot Bay, Buccaneer Archipelago, Talbot Bay, Western Australia 6728 Australia
You descend over King Sound past the township of Derby the exit point of the mighty Fitzroy River. The thousands of islands that form the Buccaneer Archipelago become distinct. You are now over pearling waters where the many pearl farms of the archipelago become visible.
The Horizontal Waterfalls soon come into sight as the aircraft is positioned, to get the perfect view from the window. This magnificent example of Mother Nature’s power is closely aligned between the gorges of the McLarty Range, located in Talbot Bay. The Horizontal Falls are a fast-moving tidal flow through two narrow fingers, the direction of the flow reverses with each change of tide. As tides in the Kimberley can reach ten metres, a peak tide gives rise to a significant difference in the sea level on either side of each gorge, which creates the rushing water of the Horizontal Falls.
Flying over Talbot Bay, the home of the famous Paspaley Pearling Empire, you can see the hundreds of long lines each housing the valuable creatures that cultivate the pearl. Your Pilot weaves through the islands of Cockatoo and Koolan (mining empires) and heads to Cape Leveque where the red rock cliffs meet the white sandy beaches to the pristine blue waters.
Stop At: Broome-Cape Leveque Rd 240 km north of Broome, Dampier Peninsula, Western Australia 6725 Australia
Walking over the hill at Cape Leveque is like walking into an unspoiled paradise. You will be one of the few that are privy to this wonderful experience. Afternoon tea, refreshments, tea and coffee is served before it is time for a swim in the pristine turquoise waters.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Cable Beach, Broome, Western Australia 6725 Australia
After a brief stay, it is back on board for a forty five minute flight down the coast past Lombadina, James Price Point, Sandy Bay, Beagle Bay and Willie Creek before winging gracefully back to Broome.
On arrival into Broome you are welcomed back to Broome Aviation’s departure lounge where your pilot will award you with a free gift and extra information about the tour before you are whisked back to your hotel.
This was the most amazing experience. We were collected at 6.30am and the next 12 hours proved to be one of the most memorable days ever! Michael was knowledgeable and reassuring. The first airstrip landing at Windjana Gorge with kangaroos hopping off the strip set the scene for the day - 4 airstrips, cars ready to go and the best way to experience the Kimberley. Highly recommend this trip as a way to experience everything the Kimberley has to offer. Unforgettable
Absolutely great experience! We did the full day gorgeous gorges tour and enjoyed it from take off to touch down. Make sure you journey to the bottom of Bell Gorge for a spectacular view and swim in crystal clear fresh water. We had Jackson as our guide and pilot and couldn’t have been happier with his skill at both tasks.
Thanks again Jackson for a great day.
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Landing and facility fees
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Entry/Admission - Windjana Gorge
Entry/Admission - Bell Gorge
Entry/Admission - King Leopold Ranges Conservation Park
Entry/Admission - Cape Leveque
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat (under 3 yrs)
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. Please dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Horizontal Falls is a tidal phenomenon. Flight route may be reversed to suit tidal activity at the falls. Please ask when booking about its activity on the date of travel.
- All bookings require a minimum of 4 passengers to be confirmed. Passengers not meeting the minimum will be waitlisted until numbers are met
- A fee of 20% of the tour cost applies when cancelling 8-14days prior to tour departure date and a fee of 50% of the tour cost applies to any cancellation 1-7 days prior to departure date. No refund will apply to passengers cancelling later than 4pm the day prior to the tour departure. Cancellation of seats and refund on compassionate grounds will be at the discretion of Broome Aviation. Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Credit cards may attract a surcharge of between 1-5%. Passengers deemed intoxicated will be refused entry onto the aircraft and no refund provided.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers