This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Broome, Broome, Kimberley Region, Western Australia
You will be driven straight to Broome Aviation’s very own air-conditioned departure lounge located at the Broome International Airport where you will be greeted with breakfast, coffee, tea and fresh juice.
Whilst enjoying breakfast, your specialised pilot will guide you through the comprehensive safety video and give you a short briefing on your flight before you board the aircraft for your full day Bungle Bungle Fly Drive tour.
Departing Broome you head over the township of Broome passing Chinatown, Roebuck Bay and surrounds. The flight path takes you over Malcolm Douglas Crocodile farm and the Broome Road before heading towards the open landscape of the Kimberley.
The flight wings east to the historical town of Halls Creek flying past the millions of hectares of station land rich in Aboriginal Heritage. Your pilot will entertain you with stories and history of the area before reaching the township of Fitzroy Crossing. As you fly over Fitzroy Crossing you will be entertained with information about this small Aboriginal Township. Once past Fitzroy Crossing you then touch down at Halls Creek for a short fuel stop and time to stretch your legs.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Halls Creek, Halls Creek, Kimberley Region, Western Australia
Halls Creek is a busy service town for surrounding pastoralists, Aboriginal Communities and travellers exploring the North of Western Australia. Situated in the heart of the Kimberley, Halls Creek is the gateway to a range of world renowned natural attractions, including the World Heritage listed Bungle Bungle ranges of Purnululu National Park. Located on the edge of the Great Sandy and Tanami Desert, three hundred and sixty two kilometres South of Kununurra, one thousand two hundred and eighty eight kilometres South West of Darwin and two thousand eight hundred and seventy three kilometres North East of Perth. Halls Creek offers a genuine insight into the spectacular Australian outback.
After a short break you take back to the skies to explore the rich Aboriginal and European history and culture of the lands below before touching down at the World Heritage Listed Purnululu National Park containing the Bungle Bungle Ranges.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Purnululu National Park, Purnululu National Park, Kimberley Region, Western Australia
Arriving at the Bungle Bungle you will experience one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders. Here, you are greeted by Bungle Bungle Guided Tours. You will be in the safe hands of their professional tour guides and transferred to the Bungle Bungles in one of their modern air-conditioned 4WD vehicles. Here you can marvel and experience Piccaninny Gorge and weave a three kilometre path through the sandstone ‘bee-hive’ domes by foot.
Enjoy a picnic lunch in the magnificent amphitheatre of Cathedral Gorge. Sit back, relax and share tales of your adventure before you are returned to Purnululu National Park airstrip.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Broome, Broome, Kimberley Region, Western Australia
Departing from the Bungle Bungle you can view the famous Horseshoe Valley and the Coalition Range from a unique aerial perspective. On the return flight view the King Leopold Range. The King Leopold Ranges extend for three hundred kilometres from Walcott Inlet, in the West to roughly one hundred kilometres from Halls Creek in the East. The ranges consist of long, rugged, spinifex-covered ridges and escarpments. Mount Ord at nine hundred and forty seven metres above sea level and Mount Broome at nine hundred and thirty five metres are the highest peaks in the range.
On arrival into Broome you are welcomed back to Broome Aviation’s departure lounge where your Pilot will award you with a free souvenir and extra information about the tour before you are transferred back to your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
I telephoned day before to confirm arrangements. Was telephoned a few hours later confirming time of pick-up from hotel at 5.15 a.m: driver was on time. Only four passengers and the pilot. Breakfast of croissants, yogurt, fruit, available at office BUT little taken up so wasted 45 minutes while awaiting aircraft to be fueled. Landed for further refuelling, then transferred to air conditioned van with other visitors. Handed shoulder-strap lunch packs which must have weighed two kilos with LARGE container of water and vegetarian quiche-type main course and other nibbles with plastic utensils and napkin. Bit of a weight in addition to own shoulder bag and SLR camera. Hiked for one km. plus. Very informative guide. Plenty of stops to catch one's breath in the heat. Returned to hotel at 6 p.m.
We booked this tour and were asked to pay the full amount (4 weeks in advance). We were warned that if there were not enough people for the tour then it would be canceled. The day before the tour we were called and asked for our weight and dietary requirements and confirmed pick up time. At 4pm that afternoon the office called and said the other couple had pulled out and so the flight was canceled. Presumably the other couple had already paid so surely they should have run the flight regardless. As a West Australian I think that sets a very poor example of our tourism!
My friends and I were very happy with our trip to the Bungles Bungles and we would recommend it to others. Ursula Konig
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Landing and facility fees
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat (under 3 yrs)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. Please dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
- Infants must sit on laps
- All bookings require a minimum of 4 passengers to be confirmed. Passengers not meeting the minimum will be waitlisted until numbers are met
- A fee of 20% of the tour cost applies when cancelling 8-14days prior to tour departure date and a fee of 50% of the tour cost applies to any cancellation 1-7 days prior to departure date. No refund will apply to passengers cancelling later than 4pm the day prior to the tour departure. Cancellation of seats and refund on compassionate grounds will be at the discretion of Broome Aviation. Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Credit cards may attract a surcharge of between 1-5%. Passengers deemed intoxicated will be refused entry onto the aircraft and no refund provided.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers