This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Horizontal Falls, King Sound Via Derby Talbot Bay, Buccaneer Archipelago, Talbot Bay, Western Australia 6728 Australia
Departing Broome, you track over the Chinatown district of Broome, sweeping over Roebuck Bay and surrounds. The flight path takes you over Malcolm Douglas Crocodile farm and the Broome Road before heading towards the Dampier Peninsula.
As you fly past the millions of hectares of station land, rich in Aboriginal Heritage, your pilot will regale you with stories and the history of the area before you enter the area known as the Buccaneer Archipelago. Looming ahead will be the Kimbolton Ranges, an ancient coastal seabed of the region. These ancient relics are the product of a once Devonian reef system. The thousands of islands that form the Buccaneer Archipelago become distinct. You are now over pristine pearl farming waters where only a few pearl farms of the archipelago become visible. Photo opportunities abound here.
The Horizontal Waterfalls soon come into sight as the aircraft is positioned to get the perfect view from the window. This magnificent example of Mother Nature’s power is closely aligned between the gorges of the McLarty Range, located in Talbot Bay. The Horizontal Falls are a fast moving tidal flow through two narrow fingers, the direction of the flow reverses with each change of tide. As tides in the Kimberley can reach ten metres, a peak tide gives rise to a significant difference in the sea level on either side of each gorge, which creates the rushing water and illusion of the Horizontal Falls.
Flying over Talbot Bay, the home of the famous Paspaley Pearling Empire, you see the hundreds of long lines each housing the valuable oysters that cultivate the pearl. Your Pilot weaves through the islands of Cockatoo and Koolan (mining empires) and heads towards Cape Leveque where the red rock cliffs meet the white sandy beaches bordering the pristine blue waters.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Cygnet Bay, Australia
Visit the family owned Pearl Farm at the tip of the beautiful Dampier Peninsula, one of the last pristine and remote marine wilderness frontiers in the world. You will be showcased the epic story of the Australian Pearl from its Indigenous beginnings through to the four generations of the Brown family who have been pearling and living here since 1946.
All guests will experience a Pearl Farm tour and delicious gourmet lunch.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Cable Beach, Broome, Western Australia 6725 Australia
On the return to Broome expect to wonder at Lombadina, Beagle Bay, James Price Point, Pender Bay, Willie Creek, Cable Beach, Broome Town and Roebuck Bay from a unique point of view!
Duration: 2 minutes
We had a fantastic flight with our pilot Tobi. The views were absolutely spectacular flying up to and around Horizontal Falls. Tobi gave us great commentary along the way. We had a lovely breakfast, tour and swim at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm.
Highly recommend this unforgettable trip
We had a great day with Bayley and the team from Broome aviation! Our favourite and most surprising part was the boat tour of the islands and the pearl farm tour. The trip back in the plane was beautiful! Highly recommend.
We had a fantastic day with Broome Aviation, exploring the Broome region via sky for our honeymoon. The views were spectacular, the customer service was fantastic and we had such a pleasant day with our pilot Bayley, who knew so much about the areas history! We felt very safe on board in his capable hands. Thank you!
This was planned by my partner post proposal that morning. Absolute great pilot Edward who was very knowledgeable the whole journey, was able to answer any questions we had. Big breakfast on arrival before starting the Pearl Farm tour.
Stephen was our tour guide and once again, very knowledgeable.
Unfortunately we could not do the boat cruise due to staff shortage but still had a great day. Lots of memorable experiences had.
Flew with Broome Aviation and awesome pilot Jon, who was so interesting & chatty & great commentary along the way. This is a stunning trip & Jon kept us well informed the whole trip. Landing at Cape LeVeque we enjoyed a very delicious full breakfast & they took into account my gluten free requirement. Epic views the whole way there & back. This is a must do if you visit Broome.
Highly recommend the incredible islands tour. It was an awesome experience with spectacular views. Thanks to Edward for a great day and teaching us about Broome and the surrounding areas
It was awesome our pilot Michael was very informative and very polite and lovely man. The flight itself was great and it showed how beautiful our country is. The breakfast was awesome. We couldn’t have asked for a better trip. Thank you so much Michael. Hope to return one day soon.
Picked up on time from hotel. Briefed before we went. Absolutely fantastic scenery. A lovely breakfast stopover and swim along the way. Megan our pilot very knowledgeable and friendly. Felt very safe and comfortable with her. Amazing country we few over and a picture certainly says a thousand words. A gift at the end topped off a wonderful morning
Thank you Matt our friendly, knowledgeable pilot and Segeeta for making our trip to Horizontal Falls such a wonderful experience. The flight over the coast to Cape Levesque & Horizontal Falls was so beautiful and full of history. Thank you a great day.
Our whole experience from start to finish was fabulous!
Sangeeta was amazing during the booking process and made sure that we didn't miss out on this epic flight. Matt our pilot was brilliant and extremely knowledgeable on all things Broome and surrounds.
The view from the plane is great and we loved that we got to circle the horizontal falls a few times so all passengers could see this amazing phenomenon.
After cruising over the Buccaneer Archipelago, we landed at Cape Leveque for a cooked breakfast and some free time. The water at Cape Leveque was the most beautiful shade of blue and the perfect temperature for a quick dip before heading back to the plane for a quick flight back to Broome over the coast.
Highly recommend taking a tour with Broome Aviation - a brilliant day with an amazing team!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Breakfast (morning tour) or Lunch (afternoon tour)
Landing and facility fees
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Terms & Conditions
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat (under 3 yrs)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. Please dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Horizontal Falls is a tidal phenomenon. Departure times or flight route may vary slightly to suit tidal activity. Please ask when booking about its activity on the date of travel
- Service animals allowed on this tour on the condition all passengers are comfortable and agree
- All bookings require a minimum of 4 passengers to be confirmed. Passengers not meeting the minimum will be waitlisted until numbers are met
- A fee of 20% of the tour cost applies when cancelling 8-14days prior to tour departure date and a fee of 50% of the tour cost applies to any cancellation 1-7 days prior to departure date. No refund will apply to passengers cancelling later than 4pm the day prior to the tour departure. Cancellation of seats and refund on compassionate grounds will be at the discretion of Broome Aviation. Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Credit cards may attract a surcharge of between 1-5%. Passengers deemed intoxicated will be refused entry onto the aircraft and no refund provided.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers